Various Asthma Causes and Symptoms:
Asthma is a long-term lung inflammation that may weaken and contract the air passages. People suffering from this disease produce whistling sounds whenever they breathe. Asthma patients also experience breathing problems, chest pains and regular coughing that mostly happens at night or when they wake up in morning. Asthma can attack people of all age groups, but it has been noticed that asthma starts mainly during childhood.
Sometimes asthma can even get worse and may lead to death when it is not given the proper care, as victims air passages get even narrower. Aside from narrowing airways, cells in the area may start producing more mucus than usual. It’s a sticky substance that adds to the narrowing and hardening of air passages. Most of these reactions will eventually give rise of various symptoms of asthma. Sometimes these symptoms are mild and may fade off with time after you take some medicine, but they can even get worse. Therefore, it is best that you do not take these symptoms lightly because this disease can also be fatal when left untreated.
What are the various causes of asthma?
Although the main cause of this disease is still unknown, medical researchers believe that asthma occurs mainly due to some genetic and environmental factors. Some of the asthma causes are:
- Asthma is usually found in people whose parents also suffer from asthma.
- When any person has pulmonary or respiratory inflammation during childhood.
- Some allergic reactions that a person might have inherited. This condition is also known as atopy.
- When a person is exposed to viral infections during childhood or when their immune system is still developing.
- When a person comes in contact with various airborne allergens.
- Who all are most likely to have asthma attacks?
Anybody can be a victim of this disease; although, kids with respiratory problems or lung inflammation are most likely to suffer from asthma in the future. Few other factors include skin asthma, parents with asthma and allergies. According to various statistical records among kids, more boys suffer from asthma than girls. However, in adults, there are more women sufferers than men. But still there is no solid explanation on how gender hormones are responsible for asthma attacks.
There are various signs and symptoms of asthma that you should be aware of since they can get worse if ignored. Some of these symptoms are:
- Intense coughing late at night or in the morning. You won’t be able to have a relaxing sleep due to these cough attacks.
- Intense whistling sound when you breathe.
- Breathing problems that make it impossible for you to catch your breath. Sometimes you feel like running out of air.
- Chest pain that feels as if somebody is sitting right on top of your chest.
Not all who are asthmatic will experience any or all of these symptoms. Similarly, not all those who experience these symptoms will have asthma. Therefore, if you are experiencing any of these asthma signs and symptoms, you should not waste any time and go and seek a doctor’s advice immediately.