A smile is worth a million dollars, or so they say. In fact, the USA is known all over the world for basing people's social status on the quality of their smile. It is no surprise, therefore, that more and more people are considering dental implants for cosmetic reasons. After all, imagine having that perfect Hollywood smile to flash at other people, while knowing that you can still use your teeth just like a normal person! Full dental implants are a very worthwhile investment in your own happiness, self-esteem, and confidence. But what is the actual cost of full mouth dental implants? Unfortunately, there is no simple answer to that and it all depends.
Understanding the Cost of Full Mouth Dental Implants:
You will be happy to know that you don't have to clean out your retirement funds or remortgage your house to have those dental implants. One option you have to keep the cost down is to go abroad for your implants. Mexico is one of the most popular destinations for people in this country, because you could save up to $50k if you need full mouth dental implants, and that is with the cost of traveling to and staying in Mexico included. And if you go further afield (Thailand, Poland, Australia, and so on), you could save even more!
However, let's stick to Mexico for the moment, since that is where most people will go. This means you will need to know the difference in cost of full mouth dental implants when you undergo the procedure there, compared to here. You can start by researching the different types of dental implants that are out there, what is included in the price of procedures, and what the cost of traveling to Mexico is as well.
Having full mouth dental implants means that you will replacing the entire lower or upper arch of teeth in your mouth. This means that between two and eight implant posts will have to be added to each jaw. These posts are what the prosthesis then snaps on to. If there are any other gaps, you can also have further single tooth implants. And any other teeth will be covered with dental crowns, thereby completely reconstructing your mouth.
So let's compare the cost of full mouth dental implants between the USA and Mexico.
– For a single tooth implant, you will generally pay $1,850 here, compared to $780 in Mexico.
– For a single tooth implant with crown, you will generally pay $4,100 here, compared to $1,635 in Mexico.
– For implant denture arches with four implant per arch, you will generally pay $17,250 here, compared to $6,020 in Mexico.
– For implant denture arches with four implants full mouth, you will generally pay $34,500 here, compared to $12,040 in Mexico.
– For a fixed bridge with six implants in each arch, you will generally pay $28,030 here, compared to $11,280 in Mexico.
– For a fixed bridge with six implants full mouth, you will generally pay $56,060 here, compared to $22,560 in Mexico.
Evidently, there is a significant difference in the costs and this may just convince you to go to Mexico!