Whether you are shedding pounds to fit into a wedding dress, or you want to make a long term change and take off excess weight after having a baby, weight loss starts with what you put into your body. Of course, exercise, drinking enough water, and even getting enough sleep at night can have an effect on this process, but the real magic tends to happen in the food ingredients. So, let's take a look at some recipes for weight loss.
Before you can design a diet that works for your lifestyle, you need to take a look at your goals. If you are trying to build muscle, then you want a diet which is high in protein. If you are trying to cut fat quickly, then you might want to go low carb. The number of options are virtually endless, but one thing is certain, if you are making any big changes to your eating habits, you might want to consult your doctor before you start.
Chili on a diet might sound a little counterproductive, but if you want one of the top recipes for weight loss, this is a winner. Jampacked with plenty of fiber, without all of the added carbs that kidney beans bring, this dish will give you a taste of a country cookout, without any guilt if you go back for seconds.
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 bunch celery diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- One head broccoli diced
- One small head green cabbage sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes diced
- 3 garlic wedges finely sliced
- Half tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili
- Half tsp cayenne pepper
- To begin this recipe, the ground turkey needs to be browned in a pan with the salt, pepper, chili, and cayenne pepper. Once this is cooked through, the onion and garlic go in.
- This mixture is poured into a large stock pot, followed soon by the green pepper, cabbage, and celery.
- The tomatoes go in next, and the mixture simmers over medium heat with the lid on for 10 minutes.
- The broccoli is added as the juices from the tomatoes and other vegetables begins to reduce. Be careful not to add your broccoli too soon or it gets overcooked and mushy.
- Serve and enjoy.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and yet many individuals who are dieting will cut it out altogether. Rather than trying to skimp on breakfast, why not embrace it? Omelets are a great source of protein and you can fill them with just about anything. This is one of the recipes for weight loss that you can try in the morning to start your day off right.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- Half a small onion diced
- Half a red pepper diced
- 2 tbsp feta cheese crumbled
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until light and bubbly.
- In a hot pan, add onion, red pepper, salt and pepper. Heat until just hot and pour over egg mixture.
- Once egg begins to thicken, sprinkle on the feta.
- Serve and enjoy.
This goes really nicely with a side of whole grain or multigrain toast, but can also be eaten on its own.